Saturday, January 25, 2014

MV BREAKDOWN:// Boggie: Parfüm by Boggie

Internet has been buzzing, especially in the art and design world with this video. Boggie's Parfüm is a very appealing video to me and its part music lover and part graphic designer that loves it.

The MV shows video adjustments being made in order to make everything look 'perfect' as the finished product. And though many are claiming it's "real time adjustments", it's just a concept people. As a designer, I will say I have never seen this ever, because it doesn't exist. Video editing like that doesn't take 3 minutes. (Sings Bubble bubble pop pop.) Good imaginations guys.

The song screasm in a melodic voice with edge. I like it. Though I can't seem to find a translation that I am happy enough to believe is true. I don't know Hungarian and I am sure the majority of our readers don't either, sooo feel free to search it up yourselves and see if you come up with anything. I am going to stick with it being about an image driven society, the struggle to maintain yourself in it and stuff in that type of realm of thinking. Sounds good right?

I really like the video and the song, whatever it translates to. Hopefully more people will notice that some perception of beauty in the media is enhanced with editing programs. There's so many girls (and boys) that strive to look like what they see on tv and videos and don't know that these standards are not reachable because they are made up and don't really exist. Love yourself. No one is perfect.

Batzy will be back to her regularly scheduled boy crazy gibberish tomorrow. I feel like this post is a PSA. Stay in school, don't do drugs, wear your seat belts, don't drink and drive, sharing is caring. ;)

Watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment