Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Love In Numbers

I just fixed the layout for the look of love. You like?

Panda Unnie has been writing 555 alot, partially because I introduced her to its meaning, and because it's cool.

The time I started to wonder about various numbers and what they were used as abbreviations for was when I heard Henry's 143.
I’m sending 1-4-3
geuljaron ajik jeondari an dwae (I still can’t express my feelings with words)
Sending 1-4-3, dansunhan sutjanoriga anya (it’s not just a simple game of numbers)
I love you 1-4-3, neoneun (you are) 4-8-6
Sending 1-4-3, neomu dareuji (we’re so different)
Sending 1-4-3, ajik eoryeopji (it’s still hard)
Dansunhan sutjanoriga anya (It’s not just a simple game of numbers) 1-4-3

Lyrics Source

At first I was like, wtf are you talking about Henry. And so the search for numbers began. Here are a list of some numbers and their intended meanings.

555
Origin/Language: Thai
Meaning: Ha Ha Ha
Why?: Because the number 5 in Thai is pronounced Haa.

143
Origin/Language: English
Meaning: I Love You
Why?: Because I is one letter, Love is 4 letters and You is 3 letters.

486
Origin/Language: Korean
Meaning: Saranghae. (I Love You)
Why?: Based on the number of strokes for each character in Saranghae. 사 (Sa) is 4 strokes, 랑 (Rang) is 8 strokes, 해 (hae) is 6 strokes.

1004
Origin/Language: Korean
Meaning: Angel
Why?: Because B.A.P says so. Seriously its because the numbers are similar to Chun Sa which means angel in Korean. 1000 is Chun and 4 is Sa. Get it?

607
Origin/Language: English?
Meaning: I Miss You.
Why?: Because the internet told me.

406
Origin/Language: English
Meaning: Hugs and Kisses.
Why?: Because hugs is 4 letters, kisses is 6 and the word AND is irrelevant. XOXO. (EXO...Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae~)

520
Origin/Language: Chinese/Mandarin
Meaning: I Love You
Why?: Because the numbers are similar to I Love You. (Wo Ai Ni).

1314
Origin/Language: Chinese/Mandarin
Meaning: Forever
Why?: Because the numbers are similar to the word Forever. (yi san yi si/yi sheng yi shi)

459
Origin/Language: English
Meaning: I Love You
Why?: Because I is 4, L is 5 and Y is 9 on the telephone keypad.

831
Origin/Language: English
Meaning: I Love You
Why?: Because it's 8 letters, 3 words with 1 meaning.

If you guys know any others that I didn't list feel free to comment below and I will add them. Hope this helps aid in the age of chatspeak and unclear communications. Just say I love you or something special, straightforward and in a language you both can understand, especially on Valentine's Day.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Did this come from The Great Seducer? Haha I think when the guy tilted his phone, there's a hidden korean word there that says 응 "eung" which usually connotes a 'yes'. So I think she said yes to eating out with him.

      Delete
    2. It means " pah " like sullen
      The reason Run Bts ep.136 told me 😂

      Delete
    3. It means 흥 'heung' (pissed in a cute way)

      Delete
    4. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      T2..

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    3d..

    ReplyDelete